Reports to: Section Coach or Team Leader
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE OF FUNCTION
The primary responsibility of the Material Handler is to ensure that all material needed within a department is available and correctly moved and to ensure accurate inventory control by completing the electronic transfers accurately. Safety and housekeeping standards must be adhered to as set down in section and general policies.
- The safe and correct movement of all materials needed.
- Responsible for accurate inventory control using electronic entry devices to correctly enter transfers and moves.
- Meet or exceed set production targets where applicable.
- Report quality and quantity concerns to the coach or team leader.
- Report existing or potential machine problems to the Coach or Team Leader
- Observe all company rules regarding attendance, timekeeping, remaining at the workplace and various policies as detailed in the handbook.
- Ensure that materials and machines moved are neat and tidy.
- May be expected to operate various other machinery at times in the plant.
Safety and Housekeeping
- Must wear the correct PPE as specified and dress safely for the job.
- Must ensure that the material moved is in a safe condition.
- Immediately reports any potentially unsafe conditions to the Coach or team leader
- Use the specified materials handling equipment and data devices where applicable.
- Keeps area, machines, tools and equipment clean, organized and clear of debris.
- Ensures that material handling equipment safety protocols are all functional
- Must follow the set rules on driving of material handling equipment.
Quality and Reliability
- Perform a brief check to ensure that the correct parts are in the baskets.
- Look for obvious errors before moving the parts. (Gross count errors, wrong destination etc)
- Report any quality concerns to the Coach or Team Leader.
- Ensure labels are correctly placed and legible.
- Will be trained to operate material moving machinery(forklifts and other applicable machinery)
- Will be expected to keep lanes and floor stock correct..
- Will be trained in data entry and floor control.
- May be trained as a kitter and set up person to backup existing personnel.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Ability to correctly follow instructions.
- Ability to communicate with and work with other employees in an acceptable manner.
- Ability to move and record product correctly.
- Performs job tasks in a safe manner and use proper PPE
- Ability to stack correctly, neatly and safely.
- Adhere to company attendance rules.
- Must comply with plant rules and policies
- Ability to work consistently without constant supervision.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Must have skills on material moving equipment. Specialist training will be given where needed.
- Must demonstrate a very strong aptitude for working fast and accurately. Applicants will be tested to determine this.
- Possesses requisite math, writing, reading and communication skills.
- Data entry skills are an advantage.
- Ability and willingness to be cross trained into other positions.
- Must be well presented and have a good work ethic.
- Must understand how to work within set policies and procedures.
- Must be well organized.
- The job could involve lifting up to 30 pounds without mechanical assistance
- 90 % of the time spent on the job will be standing or walking
- There could be pushing and pulling of wire and solid baskets
- Applicants must be tolerant of summer heat conditions in a factory
- The wearing of prescribed PPE is mandatory